Red Riding Hood - REVIEW

Red Riding Hood - David Leslie Johnson, Sarah Blakley-Cartwright

So, I was not expecting what I read. I have a ton of mixed feelings about this book, but most of them are positive, I think.

Characters

Okay, so I kind of liked the characters. I mean, Valerie and Henry and Peter were good characters, but I didn't really like the rest of them. I mean, I liked them in a they-were-important-to-the-story-but-I-didn't-care-for-them sort of way. I liked how strong Valerie was and how she wasn't like all the other girls in the village and I liked how Henry was like a gentleman. Peter was officially one of my favorite characters. He was mysterious, passionate, and caring.

Storyline

The storyline was creative, but I found myself uninterested at times. Maybe it's just because it's not my type of book, but I mean, overall the storyline was good. Everything that happened, happened for a reason and everything.

Everything Else

I didn't like the end of this book because I felt it left me hanging and left me with too many unanswered questions. Plus, it even says in the back of the book, Is this truly the end of Valerie's story? Go to www.redridinghoodbook.com to find out. Really? Why? Why do I have to look online for the end of a story when it should be in the book itself? I mean, it's interesting that they did that, but still. I want the entire story to actually be in the book, always accessible, you know?

Anyways, overall it was a good book and I gave it four out of five stars.